Information which we collect from youWe will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information which you give to us.This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our service or by communicating with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise (including via social media). It includes information you provide when you register to use our services and when you report a problem with our service and/or our services. The information you give us may include, and is not limited to, your name, address, email address and phone number, energy data, financial and credit card information and internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet and access our service.
- Information which we collect about you.With regard to your use of your energy, our service, and to each of your visits to our service we will automatically collect the following information from your device:- Technical information, including (without limitation) the type of device you use, to access our service, a unique device identifier (for example, your device’s IMEI number or MAC address of the device’s network interface, and/or the mobile phone number used by you device), network information, your operating system, the type of browser you use, or time zone setting, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform etc;- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our service (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number;- Information which we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the websites or other applications we operate or the other services we provide or from manufacturers we work with or from other accounts (e.g. Amazon) you link to your n3rgy data account in respect of products purchased from them. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
- Information which you give to us. We will use this information:– to complete valid requests from our customers you have authorised to access your energy data, ensure that we maintain high levels of customer service to you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;– to provide you with information on the performance of our services and any products which you may received from us so that you can make better and informed decisions on how to get the best out of them;– to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you already hold or enquired about;– to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;– to notify you about changes to our services;– to ensure that content from our service is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- to administer our service and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to provide you with information on the performance of our service, our services and any products which you may purchase from us so that you can make better and informed decisions on how to get the best out of them;
- to improve our service to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our service safe and secure;
- to create a profile relating to you and your property where our services based upon your use of our services and/or energy data, as well as your demographic, age and gender to create user personas which allow us to refine and improve our services, to improve user experience of our services and to target marketing campaigns. You have the right to exclude yourself from this profiling process and other automated decision-making by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our services that may interest you or them.
- Information which we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your informationYou agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Our customers who have expressly gained your consent to do so.
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 from time to time.
- Selected third parties including:– Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;– The provider of any third party account which you link to your account, such as Amazon;– Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, persons within a certain age bracket in a specific geographic area). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;– Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our services;– Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Retention of your dataWe will retain your personal data on our systems for as long as you continue to use our devices and services. This is based upon our need to maintain a record of your personal data for the purposes set out in this policy and based upon the period of limitation in any legal claim (in relation to which we may need access to or be compelled to disclose personal data relating to you) being a maximum of 12 years.
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed;
- When you withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data;
- When you object to our processing of your personal data and there is no overriding legitimate interest for that processing to continue;
- Where that personal data was unlawfully processed;
- Where that personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation;
- Where that personal data is processed in relation to the offer of information society services to a child under the age of 16.
- Where you contest the accuracy of the personal data, in which case we will restrict any further processing until we have verified its accuracy.
- Where you object to the processing of personal data and we are considering whether our legitimate grounds for its processing override that objection.
- When our processing of your personal data is unlawful and you ask for its processing to be restricted rather than deleted.
- If we no longer need personal data, but you need the data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.